Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Meet the Interns!

It is with great pleasure and excitement that we introduce the two new NSW Community Campaign Interns. Kat and Danie will be working out of the Sydney Action Centre for the next three months helping us do everything that we do!



Kat



Working for some form of international organisation that helps people in some fundamental way has long been an aim of mine. After working for two months in India with an organisation that worked with children I knew that I wanted to fight for human rights, especially looking at the rights of the child. Getting this internship at Amnesty is proving to be an amazing way to learn by immersion. I feel as if I am constantly a part of something incredibly important and am discovering new ways that Amnesty is helping all the time.


Danie

Having migrated from a country that constantly finds itself in a cocktail of political, economic, and social turmoil, I know I'm in the fortunate position to be active in changing that situation, even in a small way; and that is what I'm working towards. After graduating from my undergrad, backpacking through Europe, and generally being a restless Generation Y-er, I decided to do my Masters in a vocation in order to be able to contribute to a wider movement that strove for a common good in a practical way. The thought of being a part of an organisation that did exactly that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment