NT Rights Holders:
- Richard Downs Alyawarr Elder and Spokesperson Northern territory
- Ngarla kunoth Monks Alyawarr spokesperson Northern territoy
- Barbara Shaw Mt Nacy Town camp Alice Springs
- Steven Ross - Yarkawa Aboriginal Corporation - Wamba Wamba Nation NSW
- Janine Gertz - Gugu Badhun Tradional Owner Group - Nth Queensland
Our speakers will talk is on the effects of the Federal Government and NT Government roll out of the NT Emergency response, the immediate and longer term effects of this punitive legislative intervention and growing concerns over the call to extend the intervention powers which will directly effect those Aboriginal people living in town camps and those visiting Alice Springs and other major centres in the NT.
Each speaker has a unique story to be told and it is this story that will be shared with hundreds of Indigenous Peoples and the Human Rights Council as they travel form all parts of the world to attend the 10th Session of the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues to be held in New York from 13 - 27th May 2011.
When: Wednesday 4th May 2-3pm
Where: Amnesty International -Level 1 - 79 Myrtle Street, Chippendale NSW