- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills including strong administrative skills and the ability to coordinate diverse activities
- Experience in working with a diverse range of volunteers
- Ability to work to under pressure and to tight time schedules as a member of a team.
- Strong computer skills, particularly word processing and data entry. Familiarity with Microsoft Access, Lotus Notes and desktop publishing programs are an advantage.
- Understanding of and sympathy with AI's aims, basic principles and working methods.
- It is desirable that applicants have experience in event coordination.
In return, you will be rewarded with flexible working conditions, a fantastic and supportive office environment, and the knowledge that you will be working for an organisation committed to making a difference.
If this role sounds like you and you would like to be remunerated with a base salary of $54,608 p.a. pro rata plus superannuation, please send your resume and application letter responding to the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Friday 8 April 2011.
NB: This position is only open to current staff members and volunteers of Amnesty International Australia.